Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
1. Members must be aged 18 or over to borrow tools from Transition Stirling.
2. Prior to borrowing tools, all Members must (a) agree to our Borrowers Agreement and Tool Use Policy and provide Membership Details; (b) sign the Waiver Form; (c) verify their identity. Verifications of the Member’s identity is accomplished by presenting a valid photo ID and a second form of identification that includes a current address dated within the last three months.
3. Personal data will be held in accordance with our data protection policy. Members should read this before signing the Borrower Agreement and Tool Use Policy.
4. By taking possession of an item, the Member is certifying that they are capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner. Transition Stirling accepts no responsibility for demonstrating usage.
5. Only the Member is authorised to use Transition Stirling’s tools. The Member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of staff of Transition Stirling.
6. All tools borrowed are to be returned to Transition Stirling by close of business on their due date. Tools may only be returned during opening hours.
7. If a tool is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. This late fee will be £1 per working day the tool is not returned after its due date. Transition Stirling may replace severely damaged tools, holding the Member responsible for the full replacement cost. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing additional items. Fines will be no more than the cost price of the tool if bought new.
8. Transition Stirling reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve damaged tools or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of legal action and charge the Member with the cost of any such action. Transition Stirling also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
9. Tools may be reserved through a Member’s Myturn account or by contacting Transition Stirling. All reservations must be confirmed by a Transition Stirling staff member, volunteer, or automated response to be effective.
10. Members may renew each tool a maximum of two times if (a) the Member either contacts Transition Stirling or renews via myturn the day before that the tool is due, and (b) no other Member has reserved the tool. Transition Stirling reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand.
11. The Member agrees that Transition Stirling is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
12. The Member agrees that if any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the tool and notify Transition Stirling of the issue on return, if not earlier.
13. All tools are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept Transition Stirling’s assessment of condition of items. The Member agrees to the assessment by Transition Stirling of fair restitution for damage, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item.
14. All tools must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for a cleaning fee of £5 if it is returned dirty. The Member agrees to the assessment by Transition Stirling of fair restitution for dirtiness.
15. Transition Stirling reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
16. The member must present a valid photo ID every time they come to collect tools or the loan may be refused.
The tools in our collection are for the use of Transition Stirling tool library members. As per the Borrowers agreement and Tool Use Policy, borrowers are responsible for any damage they have caused. Members must also agree to the following statements:
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?